Progress will be tracked by students being enrolled in the Bengal Stripes Leadership Program Blackboard class. This is where students will be able to submit assignments and track progress. Each level will be classified as a “badge” that students must complete to earn their certificate.
Students are welcome to take the workshops in any order at any time that fits their schedule. However, badges will only be awarded when the student has completed the required journal entries and action items.
Students will be required to complete the program within two years of their initial enrollment date. The goal of this requirement is to encourage students to make continuous progress within the program.
Students that have completed the certificate program will be honored at the Dean of Students annual Bengal Banquet.
- "Roadmap to Success" Advisement Session with Student Leadership and Engagement
- Enroll in the Bengal Stripes Leadership Program Class on Blackboard
Bengal Stripes Orange Badge
- 5 Practices of Exemplary Leadership
- Lead with Language to Celebrate Your Story
Action Items (Choose 1)
- Philosophy of Leadership Reflection (2 pages)
- Interview with the leadership of an organization or with someone in a profession you are interested in pursuing (2 page reflection)
Bengal Stripes Gray Badge
- Crucial Conversations
- DISC Profile Assessment
- DISC Profile Assessment
- Attend 2 different Student Organization Meetings (2 page reflection)
Bengal Stripes Purple Badge
- What is Citizenship?
- What is Community?
- Engaging in Citizenship and Community
- 20 Hours of Community Service
Bengal Stripes Tracks
Each student that enrolls in the Bengal Stripes Leadership program will be required to select a track to complement the core material. Selection of the track will be based on the student's interests and what outcomes they have in the completion of the program. Each track will comprised of 2 workshops taught by campus stakeholders with expertise in that area.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Civic and Community Engagement
Students will be required to write a one to two-page journal reflection in order to receive credit for the completion of each workshop. Reflections can be submitted through blackboard and reviewed by Student Leadership and Engagement staff.
Each reflection should include:
- A summary of the information you learned in the workshop;
- How a personal experience related to the material from the workshop;
- How you plan to use and apply the content of the workshop in the future.
There are no immediate deadlines for journal reflections to be completed, but it is recommended reflections are written 72 hours following the attendance of a workshop. In order to be eligible to be awarded a leadership certificate of recognition for the 2020-2021 academic year, journal reflections must be completed by April 30, 2021.
Students will be required to complete action items for each badge in the Bengal Leadership program. There are no immediate deadlines for action items to be completed, but in order to be eligible to be awarded a leadership certificate for the 2020-2021 academic year, action items must be completed by April 30, 2021.