Bengal Stripes Leadership Program
Starting in Spring 2023, the Bengal Stripes Leadership Program (BSLP) will consist of experience-based education, training, and development opportunities. The Bengal Stripes Leadership Program seeks to prepare students and develop the essential skills necessary to be personally, professionally, and academically successful at Buffalo State College and beyond. The program is free and open to all Buffalo State students. Participants will track their progress using the Bengal Connect paths feature.
The program will include group projects and community building activities to help students to create long-lasting connections with their peers, increasing students’ sense of belonging to Buffalo State College.
Students that have completed all program requirements will be honored at the Dean of Students annual Bengal Banquet and earn the certificate of recognition in student leadership. The certificate of recognition is non-credit bearing.
Please contact Student Leadership and Engagement at (716) 878-4631 or email@example.com for any questions or to request more information on the program.
Bengal Stripes Leadership Program Goals
- Build a supportive and inclusive peer network
- Establish relationships with college staff
- Become familiar with and utilize campus resources
- Better understand personal strengths and communication styles
- Learn or improve important transferrable skills including: Time Management, Stress Management, Leadership, Mindfulness, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Goal Setting, Resume Development, Resilience, and Conflict Management