New Student Organization Recognition
Students seeking to establish a new organization should verify that the proposed organization does not already exist or resemble the mission of another student organization in some capacity. Proposed student organizations seeking recognition from Buffalo State are required to perform the following in order to be formally recognized:
1. Complete the Buffalo State New Student Organization Recognition Application through Student Leadership and Engagement.
2. Schedule a “Starting a New Student Organization” advisement session with a representative from Student Leadership and Engagement
3. Find seven (7) Buffalo State students interested in joining the organization.
4. Elect a full executive board to serve as the leadership for your organization. This includes a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary (these individuals count toward the 7-member minimum). All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
5. Submit a constitution for the proposed student organization to Student Leadership and Engagement for review and approval. (example constitution)
6. Designate an Advisor who is a full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff member and supports the mission of the proposed organization. All Advisors must complete the Advisor Agreement Form prior to an organization becoming recognized.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.