New Student Organization Recognition
Students seeking to establish a new organization should verify that the proposed organization does not already exist or resemble the mission of another student organization in some capacity. Proposed student organizations seeking recognition from Buffalo State College are required to perform the following in order to be formally recognized:
Requirements for Recognition
1. Complete the Buffalo State New Independent Student Organization Application via Bengal Connect.
2. Schedule a “Starting a New Student Organization” advisement session with a representative from Student Leadership and Engagement
3. Find seven (7) Buffalo State students interested in joining the organization.
4. Elect a full executive board to serve as the leadership for your organization. This includes a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary (these individuals count toward the 7-member minimum). All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
5. Submit a constitution for the proposed student organization via Bengal Connect for review and approval by Student Leadership and Engagement. (example constitution)
6. Designate an Advisor who is a full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff member and supports the mission of the proposed organization. All Advisors must complete the Advisor Agreement Form prior to an organization becoming recognized.
7. If approved for recognition, all student organization executive boards must complete the "BSC Consent Convos" training sponsored by the Dean of Students Office. Please Nina Pierino, the Sexual Violence Prevention Coodinator, at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Bengal Connect Steps
1. Log onto Bengal Connect with your Buffalo State username and password.
2. Select "Organizations" in the Bengal Connect taskbar at the top of the page.
3. Select "Register an Organization"
4. Scroll down to Register New and select "Register a New Organization"
5. Follow the instructions and steps to create a new organization page on Bengal Connect.
6. Once you submit the application it wil need to be reviewed and approved by Student Leadership and Engagement. You will receive an email from Bengal Connect within a few days with confirmation and/or further instructions.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.