2021-2022 RE-REGISTRATION PERIOD HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED
Student organizations that did not complete re-registration by the September 10th extension deadline are now considered inactive. Student organizations who did not complete the re-registration process for 2021-2022 can reapply for active status for the 2022-2023 academic year beginning April 1, 2022.
Student organizations already recognized at Buffalo State must apply for re-registration on an annual basis. It is the responsibility of the student organization to complete this process. Failure to comply with the re-registration process may result in a revocation of your student organization’s registration status.
The re-registration period each year will begin on April 1st and end on May 31st each academic year.
This will take place via Bengal Connect and all student organizations are REQUIRED to have an updated and active Bengal Connect page.
Note on Fraternities and Sororities: Greek-lettered organizations will follow the same re-recognition process but will need to supply additional information (proof of insurance, letter of good standing) and can be found in Bengal Connect when completing the following steps. For more information, please visit the Greek Life Recognition Requirements.
Note on United Students Government (USG) Recognition: The United Students Government (USG) serves as an official recognizing agent at Buffalo State. USG recognition is a separate process and provides student organizations the opportunity to qualify for activity fee funds in addition to other benefits. All currently recognized USG member organizations must complete USG re-recognition once every three-years. However, all organizations are required to register via Bengal Connect with an updated roster, contact information, adviser, and constitution on an annual basis.
1. Complete the student organization re-registration process via Bengal Connect.
2. Provide an updated active membership roster of at least ten (10) Buffalo State students, including the newly elected executive board (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) for the upcoming academic year. All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
3. Submit the student organization’s most recent constitution and by-laws Bengal Connect.
4. Submit an updated Advisor Agreement Form. Student organization advisors must be full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff members. If you need a new advisor, the Student Leadership & Engagement Office can assist in matching you to a full-time faculty/staff member through the Advisor Interest Form.
Mandatory Student Organization Meeting
All student organizations will be required to attend the mandatory annual meeting with Student Leadership and Engagement to be trained on Buffalo State policies and procedures. This meeting will occur in the first few weeks of the academic year. Each student organization will be required to send at least one representative to this meeting. Failure to do so may result in the following:
- All current space reservations will be placed on hold.
- Unable to reserve future space in the Campbell Student Union, Butler Library, Academic Buildings, Recreation Fields, and the Houston Gym and Sports Arena.
Bengal Connect Steps
1. Log onto Bengal Connect using your Buffalo State username and password.
2. Select organizations in the Bengal Connect taskbar at the top of the page.
3. Select "Register an Organization"
4. Find the organization under the "Re-Register Existing" section and find the organization and select the blue "Re-Register" button.
5. Follow the instructions to update the information for the 2020-2021 academic year.
6. Once you submit the registration it needs to be reviewed and approved by Student Leadership and Engagement. You will receive an email within a few days via Bengal Connect with confirmation and/or further instructions.