No matter the reason for your transfer, we are so glad that you will now call Buffalo State College your home! Here at Buffalo State, we pride ourselves on being student centered and meeting our students where they are, so you don't worry, it's ok if you don't have it all figured out right this moment, we are here to help! Check this page often for up-to-date information regarding your scheduled orientation and other helpful transition tips.
Our top 7 recommendations for transfer students
1) Submit your Immunization Records to Weigel Health Center. New students should visit the Weigel Health center website for a list of required immunizations and instructions on how to submit your proof.(we suggest completing this step as soon as your deposit clears).
2) Set up your technology accounts and ensure you can access them (G-mail, Banner, Degree Works, Bengal Success Portal). You will want to check these at least weekly once the semester begins (except for Degree works this only needs to be checked when you are registering for classes). If you try setting these accounts up and have trouble please contact the IT Help Desk. (we suggest completing this step 24 hours after your deposit clears)
3) Register for orientation and complete the pre-orientation tutorial. For log in instructions click the tab that corresponds with the semester you will be starting at Buffalo State. (we suggest completing this step as soon as the registration portal opens. Pace yourself with the pre-orientation tutorial, this step can be completed over the course of a few days, but should be finished before your formal orientation session. Make note of any additional questions you may have.)
4) Complete the transfer student pre-registration tutorial. Once you are finished you will receive an email with your registration pin. If you still have questions regarding what courses to take, please connect with academic advising and they will be glad to assist you. (This step can be completed right away but, we suggest completing this step after completing the pre-orientation tutorial)
5) Log in to Banner and review your student bill. Contact financial aid or student accounts with any questions you have regarding pending aid or how to pay your bill. Taking care of your bill early is important, so that you can avoid receiving a registration hold for the following semester. If you are unable to pay all at once, consider signing up for a payment plan. (we suggest completing this step at least 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester)
6) Check out the College Bookstore and order your course materials. (we suggest completing this step at least 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the semester)
7) Order your BSC Student ID and Bus Pass. These are both free for all enrolled students. There is a fee to replace them if lost. You can upload your favorite picture for your student ID instead of waiting to take one in person at the start of the semester. ID Cards and bus passes can be picked up in the Butler Library. (we suggest completing this step 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the semester)
Once again, welcome to the Buffalo State Bengal Family!