Welcome Transfer Students
Sign up for Transfer Orientation
For students entering in Spring 2022, the January Transfer Orientation session is mandatory requirement.
Orientation Registration Information
After you have accepted your offer of admission to Buffalo State and your deposit has been accepted, your next step to becoming a Bengal is attending orientation. Information about registering for orientation will be sent to the email address you used to apply for admission to Buffalo State.
Students should first begin by logging into the pre-orientation tutorial.
To access the pre-orientation tutorial please do the following:
1. Open your web browser and go to info.flipgrid.com
2. In the middle of the screen you will see a box asking for a join code, enter your Buffalo State College pre-orientation join code bf75887c
3. You will be prompted to input an email address, please click the Gmail option and login using your Buffalo State email address and password. If you have not set this up and need help, please check out this instructional video.
4. Start with the first module “Learn more about Buffalo State” and then navigate through the other support modules. Next you will access your specific academic program’s video content. Feel free to also view content from other majors that interest you. Not decided on a major yet? Not a problem, explore whatever interests you.
5. Finally, you will view the last module which lets you know what to expect next.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to complete the exit survey to receive credit for reviewing the pre-orientation tutorial.
The Spring 2022 orientation registration portal will be open beginning December 1st. You will receive an email invitation to register once the portal opens. To register for orientation, you will need to log into your Buffalo State College applicant portal. Through the portal you will be able to register for the session. Please note there is only one in person orientation day scheduled, so it is important that you make every attempt to be present.
Upon registering, as orientation approaches you will begin to receive a series of email reminders. Reminders will be sent to your Buffalo State College email address 24 hours prior to your orientation session and 1 hour prior on the day of orientation.
Starting as of January 2020, the associated charge for Orientation will be automatically applied to your student bill. If you attended Orientation prior to then, all past due payments must still be made. Please contact the Student Leadership and Engagement office at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Transfer Orientation cost: $TBA
Reminder: The $125 tuition deposit, applied to your tuition bill, is separate from the cost of your orientation.
Complete the Transfer Pre-Registration Tutorial
Please complete the Transfer Pre-Registration Tutorial to receive your PIN.
This will serve as a foundation of information that will help in your transition to Buffalo State. When you have completed the tutorial, you will be emailed your alternate pin number to register for your classes. This can be completed prior to registering for orientation. Additionally, we recommend that you contact your department for advising prior to registering for classes. Please see the transfer admit page for department information and additional information on what to complete prior to attending Buffalo State.