Campus Activities Board (CAB)
Are you interested in event planning? Programming on campus? The Campus Activities Board (CAB) is for you! This is a paid opportunity to gain real-world experience, develop your leadership skills, and connect with the campus community. Student Leadership and Engagement is involved in many of the events on campus and we are looking for innovative, hard-working individuals to join our team! Read on for the full job description and requirements:
Reporting to the Programming Coordinator in Student Leadership and Engagement, the Campus Activities Board is an innovative and team-oriented group able to work in the fast-paced environment of campus activities. CAB members provide support and assist in monitoring Student Leadership and Engagement’s programming and marketing efforts, Bengal Pause, and evening and weekend activities.
- To support Student Leadership and Engagement’s mission to “create educational experiences for students which promote leadership, involvement, learning, and success”
- To develop innovative and purposeful programs through collaboration with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community leaders to prepare students for a diverse and changing world
- To assist with the planning, implementation, and marketing of both small- and large-scale events
- To assist in developing the social media presence of the Life at Buff State accounts
- To maintain two (2) office hours each week in Student Leadership and Engagement
- To be present at major events sponsored by Student Leadership and Engagement. These events include but are not limited to: Bengal Pause, Bengal Bound, Open Houses, Homecoming, Commuter Appreciation Week, Pride Week, Fall Fashion Week, Weeks of Welcome
- To participate in Student Leadership and Engagement’s leadership development program
- To promote community and school pride and tradition through Orange Friday programming
- To represent Student Leadership and Engagement as a positive role model and student leader at college and community sponsored events
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend events
- Demonstrated reliability and professionalism
- Full-time (12 credits) matriculated student
- Knowledge of social media and marketing to a diverse student population
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must be able to work the full academic year (Fall and Spring)
Interest in applying? Fill out a Campus Activities Board (CAB) Application now!
If you have any questions, please contact Student Leadership and Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-878-5336.