CAMP 1871 Student Leader
Applications Made Available August 1, 2022
Camp 1871 generates enthusiasm and excitement for new students while encouraging Buffalo State's spirit in campus activities, traditions, and athletic events. Student Leadership and Engagement is looking for select upper-class student leaders who want to enhance their skills on a weekend long retreat. Camp 1871 leaders act as an extended representation of the office of Student Leadership and Engagement. Camp 1871 will be hosted this October 2022 at Cradle Beach from October 21st – October 23rd.
- To support Student Leadership and Engagement’s mission to “create educational experiences for students which promote leadership, involvement, learning, and success”
- To answer questions and address concerns new students might have about starting college at Buffalo State.
- To represent Student Leadership and Engagement as a positive role model and student leader at college and community sponsored events
- To assist with the implementation of Camp 1871 activities, break out sessions, and large group exercises
- To motivate and encourage campers to contribute their time, efforts, and talents in making a difference as a Bengal
- To demonstrate reliability, enthusiasm, and authenticity throughout the entirety of Camp 1871
- Interact with campers, creating positive environment leading by example
- Must be comfortable facilitating in small and large group settings
- Be present for the full duration of Camp 1871 the weekend of October 21st – 23rd
- Attend all required training sessions (10/7 from 3:00pm - 4:00pm; 10/14 from 3:00pm - 7:00pm)
- Have previous experience in at least one leadership role on campus
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5