Welcome First Year Students!
After you have accepted your offer of admission to Buffalo State College and your tuition deposit has been received, your next step to becoming a Bengal is attending orientation.
The registration portal for the Spring 2022 Orientation will be open no later than 12/28/21. Once the portal opens, you will receive an email inviting you to reserve your spot for the Friday January 28, 2022 session. Students will need to log into their applicant portal in order to RSVP. Please note there is only one in person orientation day scheduled for the spring, so it is important that you make every attempt to be present. At this time, orientation is scheduled to occur in person. We are continually monitoring changes with regard to the COVID-19 Pandemic and will make any required adjustments based on Federal/State Regulations. Should any changes need to be made to the format of Orientation, all incoming students (those who RSVP-ed and those who have not) will be infomed of these changes via email. All information regarding Orientation will be sent to the email address you used to apply for admission to Buffalo State.
Upon registering, as orientation approaches you will begin to receive a series of email reminders. Reminders will be sent to the email address you used to RSVP 24 hours prior to your orientation session and 1 hour prior on the day of orientation.
How to access the Pre-Orientation Tutorial in Flip Grid
To access the pre-orientation tutorial please do the following:
1. Open your web browser and go to info.flipgrid.com
2. In the middle of the screen you will see a box asking for a join code, enter your Buffalo State College pre-orientation join code bf75887c
3. You will be prompted to input an email address, please click the Gmail option and login using your Buffalo State email address and password. If you have not set this up and need help, please check out this instructional video.
4. Start with the first module “Learn more about Buffalo State” and then navigate through the other support modules. Next you will access your specific academic program’s video content. Feel free to also view content from other majors that interest you. Not decided on a major yet? Not a problem, explore whatever interests you.
5. Finally, you will view the last module which lets you know what to expect next.
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to complete the exit survey to receive credit for reviewing the pre-orientation tutorial.To register for orientation, you will need to log into your Buffalo State College applicant portal. Through the portal you will be able to register for the session.
Please note that orientation is mandatory for all incoming Buffalo State Students. The orientation fee is a fixed price for all students and will appear on your first semester student bill as a charge. This means you will not need to pay up front for Orientation, however you will see the charge on your first semester bill. Each student’s account will be billed for the cost of orientation regardless if they attend or not. The First Year Student Orientation cost is: $125. No more than 2-guests are allowed per student at a rate of $75 per additional guest. Please note that as we continue to monitor regulations for the COVID-19 pandemic, the option to invite a guest may be rescinded.
**Reminder: The $125 tuition deposit, applied to your tuition bill, is separate from the cost of your orientation.
**If you are a returning student and attended Orientation prior to January 2020, all past due payments must still be made. Please contact the Student Leadership and Engagement office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you have any additional questions you can text the Orientation office at