2020-2021 RE-RECOGNITION PERIOD:
APRIL 1, 2020 - SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Student organizations already recognized at Buffalo State College must apply for re-recognition on an annual basis. It is the responsibility of the student organization to complete this process. Failure to comply with the re-recognition process may result in a revocation of your student organization’s recognition status.
The re-recognition period for the 2020-2021 academic year will begin on Wednesday, April 1 and end on Friday, September 11 of the Fall 2020 semester.
1. Complete the Buffalo State College Re-Recognition Form through Student Leadership and Engagement.
2. Provide an updated active membership roster of at least seven (7) Buffalo State students, including the newly elected executive board (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) for the upcoming academic year. All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
3. Submit the student organization’s most recent constitution and by-laws.
4. Submit an updated Advisor Agreement Form. Student organization advisors must be a full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff member.
5. Upon completion of the re-recognition process, all student organization executive boards are required to complete the "BSC Consent Convos" training sponsored by the Dean of Students Office. Please contact Nina Pierino, the Sexual Violence Prevention Coodinator, at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Mandatory Student Organization Meeting
All student organizations will be required to attend at least one of the annual meetings with Student Leadership and Engagement to be trained on Buffalo State policies and procedures. This meeting will occur on the following dates:
Two sessions will be available for students to select to attend.
- Thursday, September 10th (12:30pm - 1:30pm) - Student Union Assembly Hall
- Friday, September 11th (3:30pm - 4:30pm) - Student Union Assembly Hall
Each student organization will be required to sent at least one representative to this meeting. You can RSVP which date your organization will attend on the Re-Recognition Form. Failure to do so may result in the following:
- All current space reservations will be placed on hold.
- Unable to reserve future space in the Campbell Student Union, Butler Library, Academic Buildings, Recreation Fields, and the Houston Gym and Sports Arena.