Student organizations already recognized at Buffalo State College must apply for re-recognition on an annual basis. It is the responsibility of the student organization to complete this process. Failure to comply with the re-recognition process may result in a revocation of your student organization’s recognition status.
The re-recognition period each year will begin on April 1, 2019 and end on September 6, 2019 into the Fall semester of each academic year.
1. Complete the Buffalo State College Re-Recognition Form through Student Leadership and Engagement.
2. Provide an updated active membership roster of at least seven (7) Buffalo State students, including the newly elected executive board (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) for the upcoming academic year. All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
3. Submit the student organization’s most recent constitution and by-laws.
4. Submit an updated Advisor Agreement Form. Student organization advisors must be a full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff member.
All student organizations will be required to attend an annual meeting with Student Leadership and Engagement to be trained on Buffalo State policies and procedures. This meeting will occur the first few weeks of the academic year. Each student organization will be required to send at least one representative to this meeting. Failure to do so may result in the following:
- All current space reservations will be placed on hold.
- Unable to reserve future space in the Campbell Student Union, Butler Library, Academic Buildings, Recreation Fields, and the Houston Gym and Sports Arena.