2020-2021 RE-RECOGNITION PERIOD:
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Student organizations already recognized at Buffalo State College must apply for re-recognition on an annual basis. It is the responsibility of the student organization to complete this process. Failure to comply with the re-recognition process may result in a revocation of your student organization’s recognition status.
The deadline to apply for re-recognition for the 2020-2021 academic year is September 18, 2020. This will take place via Bengal Connect and all student organizations are REQUIRED to have an updated and active Bengal Connect page.
Note on Fraternities and Sororities: Greek lettered organizations will follow the same re-recognition process, but will need to supply additional information (proof of insurance, letter of good standing) and can be found in Bengal Connect when completing the following steps. For more information, please visit the Greek Life Recognition Requirements.
1. Complete the student organization re-recognition process via Bengal Connect.
2. Provide an updated active membership roster of at least seven (7) Buffalo State students, including the newly elected executive board (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) for the upcoming academic year. All executive board members must be registered as full-time (12 credits), matriculated Buffalo State students.
3. Submit the student organization’s most recent constitution and by-laws via Bengal Connect.
4. Submit an updated Advisor Agreement Form. Student organization advisors must be a full-time Buffalo State faculty/staff member.
5. Upon completion of the re-recognition process, all student organization executive boards are required to complete the "BSC Consent Convos" training sponsored by the Dean of Students Office. Please contact Nina Pierino, the Sexual Violence Prevention Coodinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Mandatory Student Organization Meeting
All student organizations will be required to attend at least one of the annual meetings with Student Leadership and Engagement to be trained on Buffalo State policies and procedures. This meeting will occur on the following dates:
Two virtual sessions will be available for students to select to attend.
- Thursday, September 10th (12:30pm - 1:30pm) - VIRTUAL
- Friday, September 11th (3:30pm - 4:30pm) - VIRTUAL
Student organization representatives can RSVP to attend a session and a meeting link will be sent via email.
Each student organization will be required to sent at least one representative to this meeting. Failure to attend may result in the following:
- All current space reservations will be placed on hold.
- Unable to reserve future space in the Campbell Student Union, Butler Library, Academic Buildings, Recreation Fields, and the Houston Gym and Sports Arena.
Bengal Connect Steps
1. Log onto Bengal Connect using your Buffalo State username and password.
2. Select organizations in the Bengal Connect taskbar at the top of the page.
3. Select "Register an Organization"
4. Find the organization under the "Re-Register Existing" section and find the organization and select the blue "Re-Register" button.
5. Follow the instructions to update the information for the 2020-2021 academic year.
6. Once you submit the registration it needs to be reviewed and approved by Student Leadership and Engagement. You will receive an email within a few days via Bengal Connect with confirmation and/or further instructions.