The orientation charge is mandatory for all students entering Buffalo State and for any family member(s) who register for orientation. The charge is used to cover the cost of running the New Student and Family Programs office and orientations. This includes the use of facilities, publications, materials, food, and staffing.
The orientation charge is NOT on the student bill and will not be taken out of your financial aid.We do not take cash payments. The orientation payment is non- refundable*. If you need to make payment arrangements, please contact our office.
First-Year students - $225
International students - $275
*First-Year Parent/Family -
- $100 for the first person
- $75 for each additional person
- $50 for family under 16 years old
The Orientation charge cannot be waived.
Reminder: The $125 tuition deposit, applied to your tuition bill, is separate from the cost of your orientation.
Transfer students - $75
Parent/Family - $50 per family member Guest
*This program is optional for parents and guests.
Reminder: Your $125 tuition deposit, applied to your tuition bill, is separate from the cost of your orientation.
Forms of Payment Accepted
- Pay by credit/debit card or check (electronically) at the time of signing up for orientation.
- Pay by money order. Money orders should be made payable to "BSCF" or Buffalo Sate College Foundation and include the student banner number (this is how we know who to associate the payment with). Refund Policy. Please mail or bring payment to:
Student Leadership and Engagement office
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Campbell Student Union 400
Buffalo, NY 14222
Feel free to call or email our office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org (716)878-5336