After you have accepted your offer of admission to Buffalo State and your deposit has been accepted, your next step to becoming a Bengal is attending orientation. Information about registering for orientation will be sent to the email address you used to apply for admission to Buffalo State.
Students should first begin by logging into the pre-orientation tutorial.
To access the pre-orientation tutorial please do the following:
- Open your web browser and go to info.flipgrid.com
- At the top middle of the screen you will see a red box, enter your join code buffstateorientation
- You will be prompted to input an email address, please click the Gmail option and login using your Buffalo State email address and password. If you have not set this up and need help, please check out this instructional video.
- Start with the first module “Learn more about Buffalo State” and then navigate the other support modules. Next you will access your specific academic program’s video content. Feel free to also view content from other majors that interest you. Not decided on a major yet? Not a problem, explore whatever interests you.
- Finally, you will view the last module which lets you know what to expect next.
- IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to complete the exit survey to receive credit for reviewing the pre-orientation tutorial.
The summer 2021 live virtual orientation registration portal will be open beginning in May. You will receive an email invitation to register once the portal opens. To register for a Live Virtual orientation session, you will need to log into your Buffalo State College applicant portal. Through the portal you will be able to register for a session. If you need to cancel and reschedule your session you can do that through the portal as well.
Upon registering, as your live virtual orientation approaches you will begin to receive a series of email reminders. An email with the access link and instructions will be sent to your Buffalo State College email address 24 hours prior to your scheduled orientation session. Additionally, a final reminder will be emailed to you 1 hour prior on the day of your scheduled session.
**Summer 2021 Orientation Sessions begin June 21, 2021 and end July 29, 2021. Please be proactive with your registration as sessions have a max capacity and tend to fill up quickly. Various academic support programs are also offering specialty orientation sessions for their students. If you are enrolled in EOP, Honors, or Say Yes we strongly encourage you to register for one of these sessions.
Please note that the live virtual orientation session is mandatory for all incoming Buffalo State Students. The orientation fee is a fixed price for all students and will appear on your student account as a charge. Each student’s account will be billed for the cost of orientation regardless if they attend or not. The First Year Student Orientation cost is: $125
Starting January 2020, the associated charge for Orientation will be automatically applied to your student bill. If you attended Orientation prior to then, all past due payments must still be made. Please contact the Student Leadership and Engagement office at email@example.com if you have any questions.
**Reminder: The $125 tuition deposit, applied to your tuition bill, is separate from the cost of your orientation.
If you have questions you can text the Orientation office at 716-281-5521.